House for All Sinners and Saints

  • House for All Sinners and Saints
    I am the mission developer for House for All Sinners and Saints in Denver, Colorado. We are an urban liturgical community with a progressive yet deeply rooted theological imagination. Check out our site for more info.

Cafe Press store for HFASS merch

  • Buy House for All Sinners and Saints stuff!
    You can go to our Cafe Press store and buy t-shirts and other stuff with out Parchment with a nail at the top logo on the front - and "radical protestants; nailing sh*t to the church door since 1517" on the back.
My Photo

books and magazines i dig



  • Chris Enstad
    The blog of a dad, husband, Lutheran pastor, emerging, failing, conversing, confessing.
  • Ian Mobsby
    Ian is the Anglican Priest at Moot in London.
  • Matt Stone
    This is a great blog from Down Under which explores Christianity and religious pluralism
  • Luther Punk
    Like Ward Cleaver with tattoos
  • Ian Adams
    Ian is the priest of the MayBe community in Oxford...I think he's pretty stinkin' cool.
  • Rachael
    cool chick...check her out
  • MayBe
    This is a great emerging church community we spent time with in Oxford. Their website is well worth a look, especially the page "the spirit of MayBe"
  • Mad Priest
    If I'm the Sarcastic Lutheran, he's certainly the Sarcastic Anglican...
  • Steve Collins
    Steve's an interesting and articulate emerging church brit.
  • The Mercy Seat
    This is a really groovey new church plant in NorthEast Minneapolis, amazing jazz liturgy. Their website is well worth checking out

Facebook widget

« Who does God love the most? | Main | tattoo »


Hi Nadia - I hear what you're saying about the Psalms; I'll look there for comfort or some wise word and get violence and pleas for God to take out those who've spoken against the psalmist. But I also think the Psalms have a chameleon quality. One Psalm that will leave me completely cold in the light of day, will go to the core of me in the dark of night. Psalm 22 - "I am poured out like water and all my bones are out of joint; my heart is like wax; it is melted within my breast; my mouth is dried up like a potsherd, and my tongue sticks to my jaws; you lay me in the dust of death." This doesn't say much to or about me 99% of my life, but the times I'm in the other 1% of my life, these words name the fear like nothing else, and remind me that I'm not the first human to experience these depths. The Psalm comes alive then, and slips away from me as my life eases up.

As a Presbyterian M.Div recipient, I'm grateful to have studied Greek and Hebrew - so I'm all for getting back to the fullness of the original language. But I also like some paraphrases, especially Nan Merrill's "Psalms for Praying: An Invitation to Wholeness." She works with an overarching theme (wholeness) and recasts the Psalms in that light - a whole new reading. You might like . . .


The comments to this entry are closed.